Journey Martial Arts Academy is extremely excited to welcome certified self defense instructor and jiu jitsu 5th degree black belt Cristiano Ribeiro for a beginners primer on combatives self defense on Friday Nov 16th @ 6PM. Register now here: https://free-self-defense-workshop.eventbrite.com Coach Ribeiro brings a wealth of knowledge and real world experience with over 20 years as a Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt and a competitor. Here are just a few potentially life-saving skills you’ll learn in the course of this 1.5 hour workshop
- What actual street violence ACTUALLY looks like (99% of instructors never show this)
- Develop a combative mindset for when violence is imminent, so you can be prepared for real violence on the street
- Discover the hidden signals that street thugs look for in their victims, and learn how to respond correctly so that you don’t become one!
- Learn distance-management techniques to avoid getting hit, even if you’re up against a big brawler
- Discover the biggest reason most self-defense systems set you up to fail by ignoring the chaotic nature of street fights and grappling
- Learn a basic escape and an easy submission hold that works even if the person is twice your size and strength
That’s just a small taste of life-changing skills that Cris has spent the last two decades perfecting in his combatives self-defense system. Cost:
- 100% FREE for Online Registrants
What to Bring:
- Comfortable gym clothes (shorts, t-shirt, athletic pants, we will be barefoot on the mats)
Who is this perfect for?
- Beginners, new to self-defense or martial arts
- Groups of professionals for team building purposes
- Anyone planning to travel to potentially unsafe parts of the world
- Anyone who would like to improve their confidence
- Martial artists with no exposure to ground grappling or grappling-based self defense systems
- Smaller, less athletic individuals who want to learn how to use technique and leverage to overcome strenght
Who is this not right for?
- Advanced Martial artists with years of primarily grappling experience (see our intermediate and advanced classes)
- Military and Law Enforcement officers with higher level close-quarters combat training (this is a fundamentals class)
- Anyone who is unwilling to explore grappling scenarios as apart of their self-defense training
Ready to up your self defense skills? Register here now: https://free-self-defense-workshop.eventbrite.com