Journey Martial Arts Academy is extremely excited to welcome 5th degree black belt Cristiano Ribeiro for a beginners primer on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Friday, Nov 30th @ 6PM. Register for FREE here:
Coach Ribeiro brings a wealth of knowledge and real world experience with over 20+ years as a Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt and a competitor.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a combat art that specializes in ground-fighting and is used by the military and professional mma fighters. Here are just a few fundamental techniques you’ll learn in this 1.5 hour workshop:
- How to escape the dreaded Full Mount position – never allow yourself to be ground-and-pounded or choked!
- How to use the powerful guard position to protect yourself from blows and set up submissions.
- Learn distance-management techniques to avoid getting hit, even if you’re up against a big brawler
- Discover the biggest reason most self-defense systems set you up to fail by ignoring the chaotic nature of street fights and grappling
- Learn a basic escape and an easy submission hold that works even if the person is twice your size and strength
That’s just a small taste of life-changing skills that Cris has spent the last two decades perfecting as a seasoned world champion competitor in BJJ and MMA.
- 100% FREE for the public
What to Bring:
- Comfortable gym clothes (shorts, t-shirt, athletic pants, we will be barefoot on the mats)
- BRING A FRIEND! The more the merrier 🙂
Who is this perfect for?
- Beginners, new to self-defense or martial arts
- Groups of professionals for team building purposes
- Anyone planning to travel to potentially unsafe parts of the world
- Anyone who would like to improve their confidence
- Martial artists with no exposure to ground grappling or grappling-based self defense systems
- Smaller, less athletic individuals who want to learn how to use technique and leverage to overcome strenght
Who is this NOT right for?
- Advanced Martial artists with years of primarily grappling experience (see our intermediate and advanced classes)
- Military and Law Enforcement officers with higher level close-quarters combat training (this is a fundamentals class)
- Individuals looking for weapons defense classes (this is covered in more advanced workshops)
- Anyone who is unwilling to explore grappling scenarios as apart of their martial arts training.
Sign up before we run out of spots: